Eye bags are called droopy pouches under the eyes. They establish in place of previously smooth, tighter-looking skin under the eyes.
Eye bag surgery [ผ่าตัดถุงใต้ตา, which is the term in Thai] functions by eliminating excess skin, tightening muscle mass, as well as possibly boosting suborbital, under the eye, fat to provide an extra rejuvenated look.
Two medical methods are generally used in reduced lid blepharoplasty.
With a transcutaneous approach, a cut is made on the lower cover a little below the lash-line. During the treatment, excess muscle, as well as skin is cut. A small amount of fat, which might be creating a bulge, rises.
With a transconjunctival method, there is no scarring after surgery. The cut is made inside the lower eyelid. This is a good choice in instances where the skin is reasonably limited; however, the fat demands to be repositioned.
While the procedure is safe for many people, it is not appropriate for everybody. If you are considering having this surgical treatment, you have to be evaluated to make sure that it would certainly be secure and efficient for you.
Problems that may contraindicate this surgical treatment include:
- High blood pressure
- Heart problem
- Diabetic issues
- Bleeding or clotting conditions
- Severe or unstable clinical conditions
- Thyroid irregularities
Various other aspects that won’t necessarily stop the surgical procedure but may postpone it consist of:
- Existence of completely dry eye abnormalities.
- Previous LASIK, laser epithelial keratomileusis, or photorefractive keratectomy
- Cigarette smoking, which inclines you to eye surface illness and tear problems.
- Use supplements such as echinacea, niacin, as well as kava, which can predispose you to eye surface conditions.
While the surgical treatment is usually well-tolerated, no cosmetic treatment is without risks, as well as eye bag surgical procedure is no exception.
Some early postoperative issues consist of:
- Eye hemorrhage
- Scratches on the clear component of the eye
Some problems that can happen a little bit later include:
- Unusual positioning of the eyelid
- Muscle injury
- Double vision
- Enhanced direct exposure of the white component of the eye
- Abnormal tearing
- Scarring of the skin
Such occurrences have a tendency to be uncommon.