Many of us, adults or teenagers are suffering from recurring back pain. This can be very painful and can definitely hinder your daily activities. However, you do not have to suffer from this your whole life. There are a few things that you can do to ease and free yourself from back pain. Here is some information about back pain that can help you.
Causes of back pain...
- One of the most common causes of back pain is lumbar muscle strain. This happens when you unknowingly strain you lower back muscles. This usually lasts a few weeks but it is easily treatable.
- Another cause can be osteoporosis. Osteoporosis causes weak bones and often affects the back. This one can get very complicated so be sure you take this to your doctor.
- Lumbar spine arthritis is also another cause of back pain. Like arthritis on the other joints of the body, lumbar spine arthritis affects the small joints of the spine and cause pain of movement.
- Ruptured disc can also cause back pain. This is a common cause of back pain but the treatment differs from person to person.
- Spinal stenosis is a common cause of back pain for the old people. This is the condition when the spinal canal becomes too tight due to arthritis and other conditions.
- Another one is the Spondylolisthesis. This causes back pain as the stabilizing structures of the spinal column become unbalanced. When the spine become unstable, back pain will surely occur.
- Discogenic back pain is the most common cause of lower back pain. This often results to damage on the intervertabral disc. However, this one does not include disc herniation.
Back pain remedies.
What you should understand about back pain is that the treatment depends on the severity of the pain and its cause. Mild back issues can be resolved with oral drugs or therapies while worst cases can go as far as surgery.
If you are lucky and your condition does not need surgical treatments then most of it will include rest, exercise, oral pain relievers, ice, & heat. These procedures will ease the pain as your back slowly heals by itself.
If the back pain is only caused by the muscles, oral pain relievers and topical ointments will help. Refrain from doing activities that involves too much movement for a while to help your back relax and heal.
If it is caused by arthritis or anything alike, the best thing to do is consult your doctor. This is to be sure that your condition is nothing serious and so he can prescribe you the best pain relievers and treatments as well. If it gets too far and you will need a surgery, it may take a while for recovery. However, the effects are beneficial but caution after the surgery is very important.
If you are experiencing recurring back pain, consult your doctor and let him prescribe you the best treatment. That is the only way that you can get rid of it for good. Ask your doctor all about back pain and how you can avoid it. Good luck!